Making beautiful marbled paper is messy business, but there's nothing quite like having paper you designed yourself to use for crafting. This paper can be used in just about any paper craft you can think of -- card making, scrap booking, a background for a drawing or college, or it can be unique stationery for a note to Grandma.
Here is what you need to make your own marbled paper:
- sturdy paper, such as card stock or thick drawing paper
- food coloring in a variety of colors
- shaving cream foam (not gel)
- waxed paper
- an old gift card or other object with a smooth, flat edge
- a toothpick or skinny paintbrush
1. To begin, spread out newspaper over a large working area. Cut several sheets of waxed paper and arrange them on your working surface so that you have a working space a few inches wider and longer than the paper you will be working with.
2. Put a generous blob of shaving cream in the center of the waxed paper.
3. Using the gift card, spread the shaving cream evenly over the waxed paper, so that the area is slightly larger than the paper.
|Don't worry if yours turns out looking messier. It will still|
look interesting when finished!